We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy.
This is to let you know how your personal information is processed and used.
It is in effect for Web pages, electronic newsletters, electronic discussion groups, and opt-in announcement lists owned and operated by the First Baptist Church of East Peoria, IL.
If you believe this policy has been violated, please contact the Church.
1. We will abide by the laws governing the United States of America regarding privacy as applied to electronic media.
2. While every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as the computer’s “Internet Protocol” (IP address), we do not collect (except for purposes stated below in #5), store, transmit, or sell personal information about you. While we may count your visit anonymously in order to compile usage statistics, we do not record the e-mail addresses of visitors.
3. We do not attempt to place “cookies” on your computer. Browsers set to reject “cookies” will experience no limitations in using our Web site. (In an effort to help you in using our online registration options, our registration forms will use a "session variable." Some would call these "cookies." However, these are placed on the server, not your computer. They expire, are no more, when you close your browser.)
5. In order to maximize our service to you, we post certain events that allow online registration. Any personal information you provide in such registrations will be treated in the same way as a mail-in registration. This information will be used internally, and will not be sold or distributed. We will use reasonable precautions to keep any information disclosed to us secure. However, we are not responsible for the actions of third parties.
6. Electronic newsletters and announcements are sent in order to inform and serve you in a timely, cost-effective way. You may remove your name from these distribution lists simply by asking us.